Save 10% with EXTRA10. Orders before 5PM ET ship FREE today! Save 10% with EXTRA10. Orders before 5PM ET ship FREE today! Save 10% with EXTRA10. Orders before 5PM ET ship FREE today!
For Immediate Hire, Full-Time
Based in New York City
Laura Davidson started in 2012 with a simple plan: To provide the best chair-buying experience online, from the moment someone finds us — to the product they purchase — to the packaging, emails, and customer service they receive afterwards.
Six years later, we have continued to grow and we’re looking for our first full-time social marketer who can help us in our next phase of growth. This person is a team member who is keen on learning the brand while helping build first class campaigns, processes, and relationships to make Laura Davidson the leading name in chairs. Because while everyone else is making another phone app, we want to make the chairs they sit in.
This person will be responsible for executing strategy and tactics for digital campaigns across channels, managing relationships and partnerships, and measuring/reporting results.
- Follow a social strategy and execute tactics across platforms and campaigns.
- Reach out and engage with both current and potential customers on social platforms.
- Own relationships among key influencers and personalities.
- Be able to ideate, plan, and execute on your own at times.
- Engage in regular routines/schedules (think like a creative but work like an accountant).
- Increase engagement across platforms while supporting goals and KPIs.
- Prepare and deliver weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual reports.
- Communicate seamlessly and consistently to keep the team updated on their work.
- 2+ years of work experience in social and/or digital marketing.
- Successful experience connecting to customers and growing engagement that leads to revenue.
- An affinity (or even passion) for relationship-building.
- Proficiency in social channels, namely Instagram, Pinterest, and Houzz (with the ability to learn other platforms, old or new).
- Proven ability to work at strategic and tactical levels – a team player where no task is too small or insignificant.
- Excellent communication skills because that’s what every job description asks for.
- Strong project management skills and attention to detail (both skills are severely underrated, in our opinion).
- A collaborative mindset that cares more about solving problems than being right.
- The ability to just get things done (and not be offended if tasks need to be redone).
- A spirit of humility and kindness (or the ability to fake it, ha).
- We’re a very small team, and you’ll have to be comfortable being an early employee in a growing venture.
- You’ll be working directly with company leadership, and probably learning more than you might at a larger company (which may or may not be interesting to you).
- We believe in shared outcomes and profit sharing – especially for those who make a difference and stick around.
- You’ll be working out of the nicest co-working space in DUMBO.
- We want you to want to work here. So if you’ve rolled your eyes while reading this description, or if the phrase “very small team” freaks you out, or if you straight-up hate chairs, then, uh...
We know that early employees matter so much to small ventures so our process may include phone/video interviews, mini "test" projects, or on-site interviews. Although we are unable to follow-up with each and every applicant, we do our best to run a thorough process for those who are a potential fit.
And for those who are wondering about salary and got this far, we imagine this position to start between $45-65k, along with profit-sharing after a short vestment period. We believe in shared outcomes and hope every employee gets to share in our success. (And of course, compensation can be adjusted based on experience and skillset.)
Laura Davidson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, or disability.
Ready to apply?
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with your résumé or LinkedIn URL (and if you're into such things, a cover letter).